Since 1970, Elder Care’s mission and vision have been furthered by a dedicated team of compassionate and skilled individuals. As an agency, we prioritize treating each individual client with sensitivity, courtesy, and professionalism. We value honesty and respect above all. Think you would make a great addition to the team? Available positions listed below.
All positions require a mandatory pre-employment drug screen, TB test and criminal history check. ADA, EOE, Drug Free Workplace.
Applications can be submitted to our main office of Elder Care Services at 2518 West Tennessee Street Tallahassee, FL 32304 or our Elder Day Stay Location 2400 North Monroe Street Suite 11 Tallahassee, FL 32303, as well as to the email account firstname.lastname@example.org.
**NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE**
All positions require a mandatory pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and criminal history check. ADA, EOE, Drug Free Workplace.
WE ARE HIRING!
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or business required.
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel; MIP accounting software knowledge preferred.
- 3-5 years of specific experience in accounting required.
- Excellent organization, documentation, and communication skills; detail oriented.
- Knowledge of the accounting cycle, accounts receivable and accounts payable procedures, payroll processing, fund accounting and GAAP.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and remotely, as needed.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and lift 25 pounds.
- Full wrist dexterity at a repetitive motion.
- Successful completion of a Level II criminal history check, NSOPW registry search, and pre-employment drug screening.
Role and Responsibilities
- Process journal vouchers to general ledger as required.
- Make deposits twice a week.
- Process accounts payable on a weekly basis.
- Assist in processing payroll bi-weekly.
- Maintain physical and electronic fiscal files as assigned.
- Assist the CFO with audits as requested.
- Coordinate accounts receivable functions and processes to resolve unpaid accounts, discrepancies and billing issues.
- Run A/R aging reports for department staff each month. Process write-offs as approved.
- Assist with month-end closing procedures.
- Prepare financial analyses and reports.
- Provide technical assistance to agency departments and staff.
- Assist in preparing, monitoring and reporting on agency budgets, grants and contracts.
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Investigate and resolve audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CFO and/or the President/CEO..